Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lessons


Yesterday was a very interesting day. It was like the Lord was trying to teach me some lessons that I am not sure I fully grasp yet. First, I woke up to snow, which is frustrating when you don't particularly like snow and it's the end of May already. But the weird thing was how beautiful the afternoon was. While I wasn't pulling out my shorts the sun came out and melted the snow and the sky was pretty clear for where we live. I know I appreciated the sun that much more in contrast to what I woke up to. Then, while shopping at Walmart I happened to be in the right place at the right time to help a man having a seizure. A lot of people were scared, especially his Mom, so I held his head and tried to keep everyone calm. I will probably never forget his eyes. Waking up on the floor is very disorienting, I know from experience. Anyway, the paramedics finally got there and I went back to shopping. The thing is, before this happened I was ecstatic about going through a grocery store without the kids and then my perspective was totally changed and all I wanted to do was get done and get home to my family.
Take from that what you will but I have been feeling a need for more gratitude in my life and I feel like I was helped along my quest for that yesterday and I am very grateful for that (;

3 comments:

Angie Robison said...

Hi Destiny it sounds like you had quite the exciting day. My facebook would not let me respond to you so hopefully you get this. Matt gets married on Wednesday July 28 at 11:30 I think. I will probably do the dinner the night before not sure on that either. Linda just wants to do a lot of fun family things the rest of that week. I know she wants to go boating and have a barbecue. Other than that I don't know anything. As you can see I don't know much at all. I think everything would end by Sunday. Hopefully your mom can come on the weekend. Sometimes you can find good flights into IF or there is the shuttle that comes up from Salt Lake.

Cheri Robison said...

Destiny, you are awesome! I love the feeling of peace that gratitude brings. Thank you for sharing your heart. Love Ya

Tiffany Webber said...

The Lord's Tender Mercies sometimes come in ways we don't expect don't they? It's often easy to take for granted the things we have, but true gratitude always grounds us.

Besides the snow, are you liking Utah? The snow and the weather is the only thing I don't miss! I like Vegas weather much better, but I miss my family! :( I hope you are doing well my sweet friend! Love ya!