Thursday, April 9, 2009

Parable of the Ten Virgins


I am really excited about our stake woman's conference next week. They are doing the parable of the ten virgins and I am going to be Malka. When they asked me to do it I thought it was going to be a little solo with a little narration... but it is actually a full out production with scenery and costumes, it's going to be really powerful I think.
One of the ladies tonight pointed out that in the pictures the five foolish virgins are obvious, but in the presentation we are doing they really are more subtle than that. It's just little things holding them back. Take my character for example, she is flattered and admires her lamp very much but never uses it or lights it, just takes it out to display for others.
Bringing this parable to life like this, especially after the amazing General Conference we just had, it's really made me think about where I am and where I need to be. I think it is probably true that whenever you think you are doing alright you probably need to be working harder, and any one of us could be caught off guard in the last hour without any oil. I can only imagine how desperate that would feel, but I also think about how it might feel to have your friend or sister come to you asking for oil... let's just say my heart has been softened, I've been touched and if you get a chance to come I know it will touch your heart too.

No comments: