Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Memorable FHE | Eph 6

You have to love teaching Eph 6 to your kids... I mean it starts out, 1Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. You can't go wrong with that! And then it gets better, especially if you are a three and a half year old boy with an imagination like my little Lyndon.
Yes, it was a very memorable FHE that continued on this morning. He loved having the 'armor' taped on, and I loved having an alternative to spiderman games. I really don't like how he acts when he's been watching spiderman, so I had to put an end to that (not that there is anything really wrong with spiderman, it's how Lyndon chooses to act when he's too 'into' him) and we have been searching for a new 'super hero' to replace him. One that promotes kindness, thank you very much!
Last weeks FHE was on Samuel the Lamanite, which he was kind of luke warm about. Later on he remembered Daniel and we had fun acting that out (I'm the king who tells him not to pray and then he runs off to his room to pray and I then have to throw him in the lion's den, it's pretty cute.) Anyway, this was an even bigger hit!
So before lunch I thought I would quiz him, see how much he actually retained about what each piece meant. Four out of six, not bad, I'll take it.
He's not a perfect angel by any means (let's just say I have my hands full) but I AM very proud of him.
Look, I even caught him helping vacuum yesterday, he does pretty well on the floors (he is very pleased when he takes care of his job!)
My kids teach me so much. Every challenge we face I am sent to my knees or the scriptures or both, and it makes me a better person!

Here are the links I used so you can 'put on the armor of God' with your kids!

No comments: